Listen to this Episode
Steps to writing a job description
Why do you need job descriptions?
- A job description guides you to the right employee for the task.
- Every position in your company needs a job description.
- Having a job description can avoid “duty-creep” within all your positions.
- It helps you determine who is doing their job and who isn’t.
- It adds value to your company.
- It makes performance reviews much easier.
- Create a job description for every position in your company. Not just the one you are hiring for.
- Establish a review and maintenance program to keep them current.
- Use the free CareerOneStop.org template to get started.
- Join the SmallBiz Brainiac Facebook group.
- You can find a free job description template at CareerOneStop.org.
- Stay tuned for coming episodes when we learn about these other steps in the hiring process:
- making the job offer